Short usage manual:
- Create your Avastar shape as usual (only use the shape sliders for deforming the Avastar. This should give best results.)
- Create your mesh attachments as usual (no need to use special skeleton constraints)
- Upon exporting your mesh attachment you only set the new option “Include Deformer Shape”. This will generate an XML file besides the Collada file. This XML file can later be used by the SL Importer as “Custom deformer shape”. Note: This file is NOT meant as storage for the current Shape. It is ONLY(!) used for the Mesh deformer.
We have added some improvements for the experimental Mesh Deformer:
- It turned out that the Mesh Deformer can only handle one mesh at a time. So we added a constraint which disables the “Include deformer Shape” option when more than one mesh is selected.
- The generated XML File has now the same name as the dae file but with an .xml extension.
- Please understand that the Mesh Deformer support is experimental and can change at any time. The deformer is not even released by Linden Labs and it is still not even clear if it will ever come.
Please be very careful with this feature and by no means use it for your mesh business.
However please feel free to report any issues with this tool. We rely on your feedback!