Primstar-2 is a Blender Addon module for creating content for SL, OpenSim and similar platforms.
- Create/modify Sculpted Prims.
- Create/modify SL terrain including seamless round trip development (export from SL, modify in Blender, import back to SL).
Product Status (11-2013)
The Sculpty-related features of Primstar-2 are release ready and available within our early adopters program (see below).
Some of the planned functions are still waiting to be implemented (i.e. support for regular prims). Currently we can not give any estimate when the final version of Primstar will be available.
Early Adopters Program
We offer access to the development version of Primstar-2.
You will need to install Blender 2.59 or newer (We recommend to always use a recent version of Blender). Then you can install the developer version “primstar-2-dev” as a regular Blender add-on. Avastar works on all blender versions since Blender 2.59 up to the most recent Blender release.
- Oct-3-2016: Primstar-3.0-4
- May-28-2013: Primstar-2-dev-307
- Sept-30-2012: Primstar-2-dev-283
- June-28-2012: Primstar-2-dev-281
- May-20-2012: Primstar-2-dev-280
- May-02-2012: Primstar-2-dev-267
- Feb-06-2012: Primstar-2-dev-260
- Dez-22-2011: Primstar-2-dev-246
- Nov-20-2011: Primstar-2-dev-230
- Nov-07-2011: Primstar-2-dev-214
Please notify us if the tool does not work on the current Blender Release.
Frequently asked questions
Does it run on my Blender?
The tool runs on Blender 2.59 or any newer release of Blender up to the most current release. Please notify us if you find anything broken that worked in an older release. We will then fix this as soon as possible.
Note: Please avoid to use Blender 2.63 That release has given us a lot of headaches because of internal Blender bugs.
What License is used for Primstar-2 ?
The Primstar-2 license is based on the Fair End User License Agreement by Ed Foster.
Where do i find documentation ?
Currently we have following more detailed info pages for you:
- Installation Guide
- Quickstart tutorial (create a top hat)
- Reference Guide
We will complete the tutorials and manuals before Primstar-2 will be released. Our contacts:
- IM any issues to Gaia Clary in SL
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can i purchase ?
primstar-2-dev can be instantly bought via Paypal (see Purchase offer on the top left side of this page) or from the JASS-Shop. After purchase you will get a permanent Link to the software. Also all future updates of the development release will be automatically posted under that link. The final release will be handed out as soon as it is available.
What will i get ?
The following is included with the early adopters program:
- Get primstar-2 development release for blender-2.59 or newer
- Get primstar-2 final release when ready
- Get all upcoming Primstar-2 related basic Jass-training tutorials for download in HDI quality.
- Buying now will directly support the development and documentation work!
What is the Pricing ?
The current pricing is as follows:
- New customer (L$6500)
- Jass-Pro customer (4000 L$) upgrade fee
- Jass-Magic customer (2000 L$) upgrade fee