After we upgraded our Shop software especially the “i lost my password” page no longer worked as expected. Users got a http-404 Page not found error.
This issue has been fixed.
Please note that your product download page is not an account! If you get confused about what is what, then maybe you find this helpful:
Important Notes about the Product download page
How we did it over the past 4 years
The personal Download Link…
When you purchase a product from Machinimatrix, then we give you a personal link to your purchased products. Over the last 4 years we proposed to bookmark this link so that you can:
- Download your purchases after hardware crash or after switching to a new Computer
- Receive Product updates as they become available
and its caveats…
While this approach works fairly well for most people, we found that sometimes it just does not work as nice as it is supposed to be. For example
- Users have purchased with a different Avatar
- User’s Paypal account changes over time
- Users have published their download link to give “free” access to people who did not purchase our products.
Sometimes it becomes very difficult and time consuming to get back the original download link. This is neither appreciated by the users nor by us. So we needed to solve this…
A new approach: Account Based Download
Your Personal Account…
We now offer a regular web account on our Website, where you can log in and find your own product folder. The benefits of this are:
- No need to bookmark your download page
- Easy recovery from lost password.
- The Web account is independent from your SL Avatar or your Paypal account.
needs to be setup manually…
But there is one thing that we can not provide, that is:
We currently can not find out which purchase belongs to which account. So there is one activity that you have to do manually:
Manual Registration needed
How to switch to the new account based System
I have another issue
Lost Download Link
Disaster: I lost my Avalab Account info
Sometimes it happens. You had setup an account in a hurry months ago.
Now you need the account again but you forgot the account id and/or which email address you used.
You just forgot your password
- That is easy: recover your password (use your account name or your email address)
You remember the Paypal email with which you purchased
- Try to use that email to recover your password
You remember the Avatar who purchased from the Jass Shop
- Create a new account and follow the advise for registering your products.