Your rights, your duties
Rights and Duties
In general 3D content that was created with our Tools or made by following our tutorials fully belong to you. And so you can do whatever you like with your content. And you can redistribute your content with any license terms you like. However, some of our products use items from third parties. And these items come along with their own usage terms.
It is your duty to check how the third party TOS policies apply to your work
TOS for third party items
- Linden Lab (The SL avatar mesh, morph data, weight data)
- MakeHuman (mesh data and texture)
- Eloh Eliot (The starlight skin)
Any work based on the above mentioned data has its own license terms. MakeHuman has switched to a commons CC0 license which basically allows you to do what ever you like with your creations. For details please see Explanation of new license terms
For the SL default Avatar please check with Linden Lab. As far as we are concerned the data can be redistributed under a creative Common shareable license. We do not know which license terms apply to any work which is directly based on the SL Default Avatar data.
Re-Distribution of your blendfiles
You can officially redistribute your blend files together with the Avastar Rig. You only need to take care of:
- The Avastar Rig contains the SL avatar using the CC-BY-3.0 license.
- The Starlight skin textures from Eloh Eliot use the MIT License.
- The Avastar-Rig components made by us use the CC-BY-3.0 license.
As far as we know those elements can be redistributed as long as you follow the license policies.
For us it is sufficient when you mention that your blendfile contains the Avastar-Rig using the CC-BY-3.0 license.
For LindenLabs and Eloh Eliot please contact them if you are in doubt.
Re-Distribution of our software
Please refrain from passing on our software products (Avastar, Sparkles, Primstar, …), as we finance the entire product development and maintenance only through sales.
Reuse our Content
- You are allowed to use our documentation and tutorials for private educational purposes only.
- You are allowed to reuse the tool reference guides of Primstar and Jass as basis for your public courses.
- Any usage of our video tutorials and their transcriptions as basis for your own course materials is only allowed after you got our official permission.So please ASK us if you plan to do this.
For teachers: If you are interested to reuse our tutorials for your own courses, please contact us. we will find a way to grant you the necessary permissions for your special case.
Don't Redistribute our Content!
Any form of redistribution of parts of the documentation or documents as a whole is prohibited.
Translate our Content
Translations to foreign languages and publishing of the translation are allowed as long as the translations contain a visible backlink to the original document. We prefer to get your translations added to our Blog. If you are interested to participate, then please take a look at our translation project (see below)