You should have a good knowledge about how to install software on linux and how to install add on packages for Blender-2.49 on your special version of linux. Some users have reported issues with installation. But we never have heard of a problem directly related to the Primstar/jass scripts themself. So if your installation works in general then you should have no issues to install the scripts. Here is a brief step by step installation instruction:
- Install blender-2.49b
- Install python-2.6.5
- Download the file (depending on which script package you have):
- For Jass-Pub: jass-pub-2.3.8-for-linux.zip
- For Jass-Pro: jass-pro-2.3.11-for-linux.zip
- for Jass-Magic: jass-magic-1.1.4-for-linux.zip
- merge the folder “scripts” into your blender-system-scripts directory. So everything that you find in the scripts folder of the just downloaded jass-script zip file shall be copied as it is to the blenders system scripts folder.
- Optional: Download the JASS-2 startup page
- Optional: Open blender-2.49b, then open the just downloaded JASS-2 startup page.
- navigate to “File -> Save default settings” to permanently store these settings into your blender installation
- Start sculpting…
If you do not like the customized default screen (as it is configured with the JASS-2 startup page) , then in Blender navigate to “File -> Load Factory Settings” and you are back to the blender defaults (all add-on scripts (primstar) will keep available)
If you want to try out the Jass-Theme in Blender, then follow these steps:
- Help -> Scripts help browser
- In the Themes section you will find the “Jass” and “Primstar” themes. Select one of them
- Click on the “run script” button at the bottom of the current screen.
- Take care to replace the “scripts” window by the 3D view again (or any other window type of your choice)
- Make the settings permanent by File -> Save Default settings. Otherwise you will revert to the default upon next blender restart.