Decision Helper Questions
Our tools in more detail
Mesh: Avastar or Workbench ?
- When your only intention is to create texture based mesh clothes, then the Avatar Workbench is all you need. You also can create mesh attachments and characters with some additional effort (if you are familiar with Blender and know about the pitfalls of SL).
- When you plan to build mesh based characters or mesh based attachments and Animations for your creations, then Avastar-1 can be a huge time saver for you.
Sculpties: Primstar-2 or Jass ?
Right now there are only 2 reasons why you would want to keep running with Jass (on Blender 2.49):
- The “Sculptify Objects” function works best in Jass.
- Jass-pub is the only fully working AND free of charge tool from us.
Our recommendation for Sculptie Makersis: Use Blender 2.7 and Primstar-2.
Tools for Blender 2.6 and newer
Tools for Blender 2.49
- Avastar-1 is a tool made for Blender 2.6 and 2.7. This tool is focused on Mesh character creation & animation.
- Primstar-2 is a complete rewrite of Primstar-1 made for Blender-2.6 and 2.7. The tool is made for creating Sculpted Prims and Terrain. When you are making Sculpted Prims, then we highly recommend to use Primstar-2 over Jass or Primstar-1. But please see below for a more detailed decision guide
- Primstar-Zero is a free but very limited tool for making Sculpted Prims. In some cases this tool may help you to get started with Sculpted Prims without budget. But it can not at all be compared with Primstar-2
- Primstar-1.1 is the historical first product for making Sculpted Prims (Scripts distribution created By Domino Marama)
- Jass-Pub is mostly identical to Primstar-1.1 but it comes with an installer (for Windows and Mac) and delivers a complete software bundle including Python and Blender-2.49b
Note: All Jass-Products and Primstar-1 are made for Blender-2.49b only!
Blender 2.6/2.7 ?
or Blender 2.49 ?
Blender 2.6/2.7 is your choice ?
If you decide to go with Blender 2.6/2.7, then you can choose between Avastar-1 and Primstar-2.
The good news is that our tools run on every platform which is supported by Blender-2.6/2.7. Installation and workflow is fully independent from your Operating system.
The bad news is: The Addons are not for free and you have to choose which tool fits best for your purpose.
Some Helpful tips for Jass