[PS-Youtube id=”62SI2NCg2gc” w=”320″ h=”206″]
This Video explains how to use the Blender Mask Modifier to create an Alpha mask for a Rigged mesh fromOpenSim or similar online worlds
Hello and welcome to a quick tip for creating an Alpha mask for a Second Life Avatar. I assume you have a uv unwrapped Avatar body at hand. You can use the Avastar character or the character from the Avatar-workbench. The shape of the avatar does not matter.
- open your mesh in edit mode.
- Select all faces which you want to keep visible.
- Create a new vertex group and assign the selected vertices with weight 1. Then select all vertices.
- Add a mask modifier and assign the just created vertex group to the modifier. Check that the mask works as expected.
- open the UV editor, or go to the UV screen layout..
- Create a new image with Alpha channel..
- open the render settings and bake the texture..
- transport the image to Second Life and create your alpha mask..
Thank you for watching.